Saturday, February 20, 2016

Nanee's Review of Desire in the Arctic by Stacy Hoff




Blurb:

Television producer Ana Davis’s newest show is one she’s forced to star in herself. Despite being a city slicker with no wilderness experience, she’ll have to survive in the Arctic Circle for twelve days. The stakes are high. She could lose her very life. Good thing she’s been paired with expert survivalist William “Redd” Redding, a mysterious, solitary, and very sexy man. Worse than snowstorms, predators, and a scarcity of food is an even greater danger—fighting off their attraction to each other.

Nanee's Review:

I was first introduced by this author's writing when I read Desire in the Everglades and loved that book so much I couldn't wait to read this one. Both books are stand-a-ones but have some of the same characters popping in.

This story brings us to the wilds of the arctic, where the weather is unpredictable and the wild life is deadly. Ana Davis is what some of the people back home call flighty and eccentric and all she wants to do is prove she's a intelligent and resourceful women, so when she's told she will be the co star on the next reality show she doesn't exactly jump at the chance because she knows less than nothing about staying outdoors or defending herself but she's willing to prove she can handle anything. I loved Anna's spirit and her will to prove she can do anything, loved her character. What I loved most was William "Redd" Redding, he's a genuinely sweet guy, who is quiet and thoughtful but also kicks butt when needed and he's sexy as hell.

I loved how Anna can't stop asking questions and chattering away and although Redd is a very private person he can't help but want to share his feelings and desires with Anna. They both grow so much and learn more about themselves (which I loved) I loved these two together. I thought this book flowed nicely and kept me wanting to know what happens next. I would love to share more but don't want to ruin anything! I can't wait to read more by this author.  4.5 to 5 stars

http://www.amazon.com/Desire-Arctic-Stacy-Hoff-ebook/dp/B01AMUVJKW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455992304&sr=8-1&keywords=Stacy+Hoff

1 comment: