Saturday, January 30, 2016

Nanee's Review of Buddy Carruthers, Wide Receiver (First & Ten series, Book 2) Kindle Edition by Jean Joachim




Blurb:

Known for his record-breaking stats and womanizing ways, wide receiver, Buddy Carruthers, would give it all up for one chance to win the only woman he ever wanted, Emmy Meacham. Hard-won games, and traveling half the season kept Buddy from pursuing his secret passion. Even if he managed to corner her for a moment, would she still care? 
Now a rock star known as Emerald, Emmy lived her life on the road with no time for love. In her dreams, she longed to turn back the clock and spend another night with Buddy. But lies and deceit had kept them apart for five years. Would a chance meeting wash away those years or cause old wounds to resurface? Could two lives traveling in opposite directions make room for love or would they continue to spin, out of sync, and always alone? 

Nanee's Review:

Love reading these stories by Jean Joachim about the football players of the Connecticut Kings. 

Buddy Carruthers is a wide receiver for the Kings and a play boy (man whore) like Griff was but when Emmy his college sweetheart comes back into his life he can't think of anything else but her. I loved how they were both nervous to actually see each other again, I loved how Buddy was just speechless when he saw Emmy. I was torn with this book, I thought it was well written and so damn sexy and love how the players all come together in this story too and loved loved loved Buddy but Emerald (Emmy) I  wasn't totally in love with her character. I thought in parts she was just so needy and spoiled and switching her moods too much with Buddy, one minute she is writing songs about him and clinging and the next she is holding hands with Stash and not wanting to let Stash go because she needs him for her career. Don't get me wrong the story is great and I enjoyed it throughout I just couldn't get totally into it because of Emerald. I know she's a superstar singer and we tend to think of them as diva's but just thought Emmy would be different and she turned me off in certain parts. Next up Coach Bass's story, can't wait.  4 stars 

 Amazon Buy Link

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the lovely review. Naneee. I'm so glad you liked the story.

    ReplyDelete