Thursday, May 28, 2015

Nanee's Review of Break Me (Book 1 in the Shattered Series) by Jo-Anna Walker



***Note from the author: Due to the graphic nature, this book is not intended for a younger audience***

Blurb:


Running is always easier.

Tori McLeod moved to the big city to get away from her mother—and her past. Her new routine is destroyed when she meets a mysterious stranger who won’t take no for an answer. Sebastian intrigues her, but his eyes hold secrets she would rather avoid.

Sebastian Chelios, a hard as nails enforcer, is a new-in-town loner.

Sebastian has to have her. Control her. Possess her. But he can’t—won’t lose control, even though Tori’s innocence fascinates him. The last thing he’s going to do is love her, even after he gets her in his bed.

Losing control is dangerous, especially when someone from Sebastian’s past covets Tori, putting more than just her heart in danger.

How can Sebastian protect Tori from Jose’s sadistic obsession? If he gets his hands on her, will she make it out in one piece?
 

Nanee's Review:

I enjoyed this story, There was definitely a abundance of mystery and intrigue and a whole lot of sexy.  Sebastian was my favorite character, he's badass and sexy and so damn smitten with Tori, sweet and caring. However there were a few parts that I didn't quit believe in his character being badass, he seemed wishy washy ( I know that's not the best description) in parts and other parts he stood up and took charge. I thought Tori was a interesting character, she meets Sebastian in a coffee shop and their lives get turned up side down and side ways, their relationship is a flurry of sex (hot as hell sex) and running from Jose the psycho. 

Jose is a complete nut job and some parts I was on the edge of my seat and wow'd and others I was ok well let's move on but over all I enjoyed the story, I thought the author nailed the descriptions and plot uniqueness. There were a lot of unknows and surprises at the end which makes me want to read the next in this series, I am just not a huge fan of major cliffy's. Again I think the story was well written ad I enjoyed it. 4 stars


Kindle Unlimited Buy Link





No comments:

Post a Comment