Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Nanee's Review of Nobody's Lost (Rescue Me Saga #5) by Kallypso Masters



Blurb:

A standalone novel about two characters with very minor mentions in the earlier books. 

Ryder Wilson returned from serving multiple deployments but can't leave the hell of combat behind him. Frustrated and ashamed of his inability to function in the world as well as the veterans he served with, he retreated, choosing to engage only with those he trusted. When retired Master Sergeant Adam Montague sends him on a mission to protect his sister from some unknown danger, Ryder's days of hiding out may be over. Can he fulfill his mission without failing again? 

Megan Gallagher has two big-brother Marines bent on protecting her from the evils of the world, but she's tougher than they think. When her older brother sends Ryder, one of his recon Marines, to her doorstep in the wee hours one night following a break-in, she realizes he needs rescuing more than she does. A friendship forms quickly, but unexpected passions run hot and complicate her resolve never to have a romantic relationship, much less marriage. So why are her body and her heart betraying her every time he comes near? 

Can these two wounded people lower their defenses long enough to allow love to grow?




Nanee's Review:



I absolutely love the Rescue Me Series by kallypso Masters and the characters she creates. I will try not to say too much in my review. In this book Megan; Adam's sister is in trouble or so everyone thinks and Adam has his hands full with his pregnant wife Karla so he asks a favor of a Marine he knew when they went to war together Ryder, 

Ryder is a sexy as sin, Harley driving retired Marine who struggles daily with PTSD, he has issues being in crowds and chooses to stay away from the over populated cities and lives his life at his friends carlos's house up in the mountains, he feels broken and lost and some days feel like his last. Megan is strong willed, take no shit, I dont need a man women who is also struggling with hurts and feels broken at times and hides herself behind her brothers lives and photography. When these two meet they felt a instant connection but Ryder wants to get his mission for Adam complete and go home to his solitude, Megan sees his deep anguish and reaches out to him. 

I want to start by saying I enjoyed this book, I thought the characters were good and I thought they were perfect together as a couple. I just wanted more... something! I thought the story in parts were deep and emotional and I felt connected to these characters but also felt a disconnect in other parts with them. I thought their whirlwind romance was too fast, one minute Ryder is pushing Megan away and knowing he needs a life of loneliness then the next he's reaching out and (I won't ruin it) but I get what the author was trying to portray that he finally realizes he's worth a happier life and being loved but I just felt it jumped into the end too quick, I felt Megan w
as a solid rock for Ryder and him her and felt that she could do a lot of good for Ryder by loving him and being there to talk, reaching out to him and holding him but again I felt it was too fast, it was a very short time frame of meeting and bam the end and everyone just embraces that fact even her brothers?. I am sure we will get more Ryder and Megan in books to come and I hope we do I just wish more time was spent on this book reaching deeper with them, where their future heads and how they heal each other. I thought it missed some deeper emotional opportunities. I did like that Grant was mentioned in a small part and we got a few words from Adam.... I can't wait to read the next in this series and I know I will continue to love all kallypso's characters and stories. .5-4 stars

Amazon Buy Link





No comments:

Post a Comment