Sunday, January 25, 2015

Nanee's Review of Alpha Prefers Curves Anthology




Blurb:

BBW Romance boxed set!

Hot alpha males come in all flavors, from fierce shifters and swaggering rockstars to bad boy bikers and seductive billionaires, men of action and passion. In this collection of standalone BBW romance novels and novellas by the writers of the wildly popular Curvy Girl Romance group, the hunky heroes all have one thing in common: These aphas prefer curves.

Nanee's Review:

I read first Soldier by Liliana Rhodes. 4.5 to 5 stars

I liked how this book was unique in its writing style and plot. The assassin/Soldier Dante works for the MOB, its not a life he wants for himself but its what he's stuck with. Gia who's been away in a convent for four years comes home before taking her final vows because her mother passed away. A lot of drama in Gia's world, with her piece of crap brother who not only conned his others brothers and sisters but he put Gia is grave danger. Dante when watching Gia's brother meetings his Angel as he calls her, he's drawn to her goodness and wants to spoil and love her forever, but life always gets in the way but what Dante cant come to terms with is Gia's love for him and her understanding that underneath his killing and his tough exterior is a beautifully scarred man with a huge heart. Action packed, loving and full of twists and turns. A lot going on, very interesting story and would love to read the next in this series. Another great story. 

I then read Operation: Burlesque by Michlle Fox 

This story was hard for me to grasp and get into. I felt a little lost in parts, it was a little bit to this way and that, not a lot of focus and story line. I thought the characters were ok, Blake was kind of a jerk not a dreamy alpha like I love and Ruby well she seemed kind of naive and silly. I felt it could have been more well rounded with more focus and better characters. This story just wasn't for me. 3 stars

Operation: Burlesque by Michlle Fox 3 stars
This was ok. I wasn't really into this story. It felt all over the place. I had no clue what was going on. I didn't like Blake. He was sort of a douche. I didn't feel "Alpha" from him at all. Ruby was naive and didn't seem as cool as they tried to make her out to be. It's not a horrible story, it just, wasn't that good. It barely kept my interest. 

I did not read the rest of the stories yet but will and will update as I do.

Amazon Buy Link

Kobo Buy Link

No comments:

Post a Comment