Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pride Promotions Presents Simple Simon by Lee Brazil - Blog Tour and Interview



Book Name: It’s Simple, Simon
Author Name: Lee Brazil
Cover Artist: Victoria Miller
Publisher: Breathless Press



Blurb: 

Simon Carter has achieved unimaginable success and he owes it all to a man from his past whose scorn set fire to his ambition.
"It's Simple, Simon. You lack ambition."
Chase Garvin's jibe had sent Simon Carter on unexpected paths and brought him unimaginable success. No longer a penniless musician, the highly paid investment banker is going home for the first time in years. He plans to rest, relax, and spend a little time rubbing his ex-lover's nose in his success. A visit to the Renaissance Fair brings this not-quite-so-simple- Simon nose to nose with his past and somehow revenge doesn't seem quite so attractive.
Chase Garvin, Denver, Colorado's very own Pie Man, is still incredibly handsome. What's more, the more mature Chase is very appreciative of Simon's talents.
When the old attraction flares between them, Simon and the Pie Man get caught up in tasting the wares, and neither counts the pennies.

Interview With Lee Brazil


1.When you start a book, do you already have the whole story in your head or is it built progressively ?


In general, I start with an idea of where the story begins- I say idea, because I've been wrong before in where I thought a story began- and an idea of where its going to end. Sometimes, I have thoughts about what's going to happen in the middle, or scenes that I know I need to include, but usually, things have a way of changing asI go. The whole thing just morphs sometimes into something unexpected.

2. Do you have a specific writing style?


I'm not entirely sure that I'm the right person to answer that. I don't think I do. Havan says she'd recognize a Lee Brazil story within a few pages though, so I guess, yes?

3. What are you working on now?


I'm working on finishing up the third book in the In From the Cold series, part of Pulp Friction's 2014 collection.

4. If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?


Hm…Em Woods, Havan Fellows, Hank Edwards, Laura Harner- I can always count on them for advice, assistance, and an objective POV.

5. Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?


Sometimes, I find it difficult to write actively- my characters will get lost in their thoughts and its not until a second read through that I realize I've had an entire chapter of a guy sitting on a couch with his head in hands.


Author Bio: 

I am a former English grammar and composition instructor who relocated from sunny Southern California to the countryside of Illinois a bit more than a year ago. I occupy my days here with gardening, reading and writing. Falling in love has been the biggest adventure of my life, and I hope to share that with readers through my writing.






Rafflecopter Prize: THREE Prizes! #1 gift basket containing: The Lost Art of Pie Making Made Easy, + a Pie crust circle, + a $10 Marie Callendar's Gift Card.   # 2 - $10 ARE gift card.  #3 - $10 Breathless Press Gift Card


a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment