Thursday, May 8, 2014

Nanee's Review of Ladder to the Red Star (Once Upon a Red World) by Jael Wye


website

twitter username

genre



Blurb:

Once upon a ruined Earth 300 years in the future…

Jacques Tallinn, biotech smuggler and thief, is after the cure for a brain disorder he's suffered since childhood—a disorder inflicted by a powerful tyrant. To get the cure, Jacques will need to climb the space elevator to the new Zenith space station hovering above Earth and go undercover in the lab where it's produced.

Martian head tech Devi Chandra is immediately intrigued by her sexy new lab assistant. Though she insists on keeping things professional, she finds herself charmed by Jacques. Until he betrays her trust, kidnapping her and spiriting her off to Earth.

All Jacques needed to do was steal the biotech and get back home. But when things go wrong, he can't bring himself to leave Devi behind. Now she's injured and a simple caper has become an intergalactic cause, endangering his life and the lives of millions of others. But the hardest part? Winning back Devi's trust.

Nanee's Review:

I don't normally read Sci Fi type books but this story was way more than that, I didn't read book one but in my opinion you don't need to, to be able to get into this one. I thought it was well written from start to finish, the author has a unique and amazing imagination that captures you from the start. The characters were great, Jacques I felt for from the beginning and couldn't help wanting to help him. Devi I enjoyed her character too, she is immediately charmed by Jacques although she wanted to keep it professional. I love their dinner together, alittle flirting and getting to know each other. Kurtz I wanted to slap, he's arrogant, mean and manipulative. I thoroughly enjoyed this story, I thought it got better and better as it continued, action, mysterious and intriguing and hot too. I don't want to ruin anything but wow! This story was just amazing....I love Jacques and Davi together...I can't wait to read more by this author.  5 stars  


1 comment: