Friday, May 9, 2014

Blog Tour and Nanee's Review of The Kayan's Mage and Riley's Vampire by Jess Buffett with Interview - Siren Publishing


Blurb:

[Siren Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance, M/M, werewolves, HEA]

Sawyer McLeod lost his family and his entire Guild, except his twin, seven years ago. Now almost twenty-one, he is coming to the age to receive his abilities as a Mage. Unfortunately there are others who will stop at nothing to see the brothers don’t survive that long.

When Jake Hunter, Kayan for a Clan of Wolf Shifters living in Australia, finally finds his true-mate, he doesn’t expect it to be in the midst of a brutal attack. Through omissions of truth, misunderstandings, and fear, Jake struggles to prove to Sawyer that he can trust him.

When Sawyer is finally willing to give Jake a chance, a ghost from the past returns to destroy everything they have built together. Will they be able to overcome the foe long thought gone, or will it be the end for the Kayan’s Mage?

Nanee's Review:


I just can't resist M/M romance stories ..I also can't resist shifter stories so this story I could not wait to read..I enjoyed the story very much, although some parts were a little bit same old same old (almost cliche) I also thought the author added something unique as well and exciting. I loved the characters Sawyer is just too sweet and cute and cuddly but also kicks butt. Jake is a big bad leader, he's sexy as hell and so adorably smitten with his mate, I loved him the most. I also enjoyed the secondary characters especially Riley and Dimitri and so many others rounded this story out. I love how the clan opened their arms to Sawyer and Riley. I enjoyed the fight scenes and the ups and downs within Sawyer and Jakes time together, a lot of surprises too. I can't wait to read the next in this series. I enjoyed this story a lot. 4 stars

Amazon Buy Link

Bookstrand Buy Link


Riley's Vampire Prince

Blurb:

[Siren Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance, M/M, vampires, public exhibition, spanking, HEA]

Riley McLeod has never gotten over the loss of his family to murderous Vampires, and often hides behind his sarcasm and carefree attitude. So imagine his shock when he discovers he is not only mated to one, but his mate is the Prince of the Vaucluse Coven.

When Caleb Vaucluse arrived at the Hunter Clan, he never expected to meet his mate. His joy soon turns to devastation when he learns that Riley fears him. Caleb struggles to get passed Riley’s defenses and prove that they are meant to be. Unfortunately just as they come together, pride and old wounds prove hard to overcome for the pair, and threaten to tear them apart for good.

As an enemy is revealed and more questions are raised, Caleb and Riley have choice to make. Do they keep their pride and stand alone, or stand together and embrace the love fate gave to them?

Nanee's Review:

This story is a continuation of Kayan's Mage where we first meet Sawyer and Riley. This story is about Riley and his mate who happens to be a vampire. Riley is flamboyant and unique but also sad and has self esteem issues sweet but sometimes annoying in a cute way guy. I loved him though, he's sweet and scared but tough and bad ass at the same time. Loved his mate too Caleb, he's sexy and buff and  is smitten totally with Riley but there's a lot of work between these two; Riley is scared of vampires and Caleb has secrets from his past he needs to get over. I loved these two together, although there are some cliches in this story too there is still a lot going on and I enjoyed it. I thought the author wrote a interesting and intriguing love story. I loved Jake's (Sawyers mate) nickname he gave Riley so damn cute. Love how the brothers stick together and that is including Caleb and Jonas. 4 stars, can't wait to read more by this author.

Amazon Buy Link
Interview with Jess Buffett



Why did you choose to write M/M stories ?

It’s my favourite genre to read. I can never really pin point when I became enthralled with MM. I just remember accidently picking up Change of Heart by Mary Calmes, falling in love with MM and her writing, and never turning back.


If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?


I don’t know if I could just chose one. I’ve been so lucky to have a lot of support from fellow authors. Gabrielle Evans, Jana Downs, Sage Marlowe and a few others are people who either helped me, encouraged me and/or influenced me in my writing. Most of them probably don’t even know that. lol Like I said, I’ve been extremely lucky.

List three books you have recently read and would recommend.

A Safe Place (romeo & Julian 4) by Sage Marlowe. Moonstruck (Along Came Fate 1) by Gabrielle Evans. Forever’s End (Enthralled 1) by Jana Downs.

Where do you find your inspiration?

From anywhere and everywhere. Sometimes it will be a picture, or a show. Sometimes all I need is a line…usually a smartarsed one-liner. lol


Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?


I do put messages in there. For the Hunter Clan series it’s a looks can be deceiving. That you should always look closer, see under the surface. Whether the surface is good or bad, what is underneath means more.

No comments:

Post a Comment