Friday, March 14, 2014

Nanee's Review of Brainstorm by Matthew Drzymala - Silver Publishing



website

twitter username

Book Description:

Clinical psychologist Michael Eriksson makes a living from helping others, but after a series of events he is left fighting to pick up the pieces of his own shattered psyche.

When he is called to an attempted suicide on a stormy summer's night, Michael has the chance to save a life, but will it be his own?

Nanee's review: 

I have to try really hard not to give anything away in writing this review. This book is on the shorter side but its intriguing, mysterious and heartwarming (I think that's a good description). Michael is a clinical psychologist but he can't seem to care at the moment, I mean he does care but when he starts canceling appts that people depend on and is late to see his daughter he walks through life like he's numb. I feel for him he lost his mother and father in a car wreck, he wife is gone (you don't know much about her) and his daughter is constantly pissed at  him; he gave up hope. Until a call comes in the middle of the night, everything changes. I enjoyed this story thought it would have been fantastic as a full length novel but it was great the way it was. I enjoyed the characters and the story, I look forward to reading more by this author. 4 stars


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your review :) I'm glad you enjoyed it and I do plan a follow up story, a little longer and a bit meatier than Brainstorm. Michael will be thrown into a much more compromising position that will put him to the test but it will be very much different from Brainstorm.

    I don't like using the word 'journey' but Brainstorm is pretty much that kind of story for the main lead, as we follow him and how things change in his life due to the events of Brainstorm. I don't know when the next one will be released as I haven't started it yet, just made some notes and a rough outline of the story :)

    I'd love to write a novel one day, but at the moment I am pretty much a short story and novella writer but I'm sure one day a full length novel will come :)

    ReplyDelete