Thursday, February 13, 2014

Nanee's Review of Sugar and Sin Bundle by Stacey Joy Netzel, Kristine Cayne, L.C. Giroux, Liz Matis, C.C. Mackenzie and Nana Malone



In the land of Happily Ever After, six romance writers banded together to bring readers a super-sexy dose of Sugar and Sin, a bundle of books with fun, sassy heroines and the oh-so-sexy men who fall for them.

We hope you enjoy the books and meet some characters you won't soon forget. 

Titles include:


 Chasin' Mason by Stacey Joy Netzel

Catch the stallion ~ win the ranch. A simple competition between bitter enemies, but once tempers and passions flare in the Texas heat, all bets are off. 

Nanee's Review: 

I love a story with a sexy cowboy. Although just a tad predictable I thought it was very entertaining the things we learn about each character and why they are the way they are. I loved Reggie and Tripp's getting to know each other again and Reggie getting to apologize and Tripp learning a lot of why things happened the way they did. very sweet and romantic read with a tad sexy in it. Gotta love Mason that tough free stud that he is. 4 stars 
Deadly Addiction by Kristine Cayne

A violent clash of cultures tests the forbidden love between a Native American man and a white female cop. 
When police sergeant Alyssa Morgan and Rémi Whitedeer meet, their forbidden attraction flips both their lives ass over teakettle, but they aren't the only ones in turmoil. After the duo uncovers a drug-fueled conspiracy on the Blackriver Reservation, blood is pitted against blood, and Rémi has everything to lose. 

Nanee's Review:

I just re read and loved it even more ....
I absolutely positively loved this story , I did not want it to end. I couldn't put it down once I started reading it. 
Remi A hot as hell, sexy Indian with long black hair, green eyes and a body that won't quit is leary of anything to do with the SQ. He wants nothing more than to protect his tribe on the res and get the drugs out of the kids hands. Alyssa a SQ officer trying to police the Res and be in charge of her own task force wants nothing  more than to get the drugs off the res and the criminal activity to stop. She wants the help of Remi and the tribe but they don't want anything to do with the corrupt  police force. Alyssa and Remi can't take  their eyes off each other, they want more but know they cant have it. I loved the back and forth between Remi and Alyssa, their hot stares and the sweet talking.  I also loved Remi's cousin Tommy , he sticks by his cousin Remi and always protects the tribe and his family.  I also loved their grandfathers character a very wise Indian that wants what's best for his family and is very traditional . His other cousin Chaz is the weak link , he's  in more trouble than he can handle but will Remi protect him? There are jaw dropping parts with other characters that you won't know whether to love or hate them and all the characters are wonderfully written. Love Nitro too...Maybe we'll see him again someday?

This story is sexy, intriguing and  so much more...I highly recommend his story I want more Remi!!!!     Five Star Review

His Lady Godiva by L.C. Giroux

Dr. Michael Dennison put broken bodies back together so no one would have to live like he did. As many obstacles as he had overcome, he never wanted to burden a woman with his disability. He was safer never to risk his heart. Violet Bellows lived a guarded life. The accident had taken so much from her but she still had something to give. For her surgeon she would risk everything to make him hers, body and soul.

Nanee's Review:

I enjoyed this story, I thought the characters were great. I loved Dr Michael Dennison (or Dr Hottie) he has a disability and he feels he can't get to know anyone because of it or open himself up for pleasure, he can't fathom why a beautiful women would want him and she can't fathom why a sexy doctor would spend so much time with her and so much more. I loved these two together I thought they were perfect for each other, I loved their flirting and getting to know each other and their compassion. I enjoyed the secondary characters as well. These two characters needed a push in life and love and they got it. Very well done, sweet, sexy and so much more. 4.5 stars

Love By Design by Liz Matis

In this Sex in the City meets HGTV romp sparks fly on camera as interior designer Victoria Bryce breaks in temporary co-host Aussie Russ Rowland. Arguments over design plans and measurement mishaps ignite passions behind the scenes.
But when the past collides with the present will the foundation they built withstand the final reveal?

Nanee's Review:

These are some interesting characters, I thought it cute the way they rub each other the wrong way but how they want more, love the Aussie words the girls learn, too funny. The secondary characters are fun and keep the story interesting. When they kiss its very hot love the description the author uses (lol) they both can't help but think about the kiss and want more. When Cupcake (hehe) learns about what Russ does on the side it's quit Humorous. Love their antics on the show and how they can't seem to stop bickering. Ups and downs and a crazy roller coaster ride, very entertaining story. 3.5 

Run Rosie Run by C.C. Mackenzie

Think Easy Virtue meets No Reservations
…She’d wasted enough of her life madly in love with a man she could never have…Perhaps it was time to give another man a chance... But now Rosie has two men who want her and will stop at nothing to win her heart…Which one will she choose...

Nanee's review:

I enjoyed these characters especially Rosie and Alexander. Although some parts were a little predictable I still thought the author kept me on my toes. These two are a freakin riot, friends, secretly in love and so much more. Love Bronte and Nico too great secondary characters, they make the book that much better. Love the meddling town, sometimes though I wanted to slap those gossipers and the petty bull crap they cause but I loved it. I loved the way Rosie is (...and she's back) lol too cute and Alexander's way of running his tongue over his top teeth when he's irritated which seems to be quit a lot at times. I just enjoyed the banter and flirty eyes and kisses...super sexy and the Love Muscle too. Josh made the book too, he's super cute a total flirt and just too funny. All around great read, cute, sweet, funny and loving all in one. 4.5 stars 

Sexy in Stilettos by Nana Malone

Organized, event planner, Jaya Trudeaux is used to doing things by the book and never making waves. The only thing that can tie carefree, playboy, Alec Danthers down is a promise he made to his mother. 


Nanee's Review:

The story was just good. I liked the characters especially Jaya, I would be freaking be so pissed and probably would have hit the jerk in the face for firing me, first he's a ex finance and now he's marrying your sister and fired you with your dads blessing. I think her dad needs his head examined too. Sexy Alec I liked his character too, his step mom wants his help and he reluctantly gives it but he's had enough of his brothers nonsense, he's got commitment issues or maybe just doesn't want it. Some parts rushed and not well developed but others good. I had mixed feelings with this story, I thought it was good or ok but not I can't put it down type of story. Thought it needed more...I thought Jaya 's sister a disaster and evil and Derrick too so they are perfect for each other. Jaya's friends are too funny. Over all the story ok, a little sexy, quirky and fun. 3.5 stars 

I thought all these books had something special and loved reading about their sexy, funny and loving relationships. Thank you to Kristine Cayne for allowing me the opportunity to read and review these amazing stories. 


1 comment:

  1. Nanee, Thank you for your wonderful, detailed critique of all the books in our boxed set! Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete