Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Blog Tour and Review of Good Boy (Theta Alpha Gamma, #4 ) by Anne Tenino from Riptide Publishing





Hello there! Welcome to the Good Boy blog tour. Good Boy is a short story, and the fourth volume in the Theta Alpha Gamma series, which began with the novel Frat Boy and Toppy. The happy couple in FB&T was made up of Brad and Sebastian, and in Good Boy I revisit them, giving them a more complete ending.
So, that’s the nuts and bolts of the story—let’s get on with the nuts and bolts of the tour contest. Because you know there’s a contest, right? That’s the way these things go, after all—I entice you to read the story with the promise of a prize. How does this work, you ask? Simple: read the posts, find the question I ask, and answer it by emailing (not in comments) me at anne @ annetenino .com. All correct answers will be entered into the drawing for (drumroll please) . . . one yarn penis with foreskin! (See picture if you have no clue what I’m talking about.)
For a list of all blog tour stops, you can check out Riptide’s site http://www.riptidepublishing.com/blog-tours or look for announcements from me on social media. The contest will end October 14th at 11:59pm, Pacific time.
Enough of that—on with the Good Boy Blog Tour.
 * * *

When I write, I find I have to get into character much the same way I did when I was on stage. In high school and college I was very into theater, and I acted in many of the productions my schools put on. It was fun, and for a while I majored in it, but I had a hard time imagining myself getting a real job with a degree in theater arts, so I wandered on to greener pastures (which, when I got to them, weren’t as green as they had looked when I was still standing in the theater pasture . . .).

In the end, that few years studying theater taught me what it is to play a role, and to immerse myself in the mindset of an imaginary person for a while. This, of course, is something I use daily as I write. One thing I never did in theater, though, is to play the same role twice. Oh, sure, I’d play the same role for a few days in a row, but I never acted in a production, then moved on to other plays, and later came back to that previous role. It may seem as if it would be easy—just act the way I did last time—but I have a feeling it doesn’t quite work that way. It certainly doesn’t work that way when I revisit characters from previous books.
I’ll be honest, I’m not a huge fan of series that follow the same characters from volume to volume. I always thought I’d write short little epilogues for my characters and post them for free, but never revisit them for more than a few thousand words. I had essentially put them in storage, the way my daughter used to shelve her stuffed animals high up in her closet. She still loved them, but she was done playing pretend with them. She had new stuffed animals to play pretend with, so the old ones became treasured—and tangible—memories, but not active parts of her life anymore.
When I wrote Turning Tricks, the sequel to 18% Gray, it took me a while to get back into the characters’ heads—when I took them out of storage, I had to work with them a while before they behaved quite the same way. Later, when I realized Good Boy wasn’t going to be a short epilogue, but a longer (but still technically “short”) story, I was a little worried about taking Brad and Sebastian out of storage. Could I rediscover and interpret their characters as I had for Frat Boy and Toppy?
Well, the answer ended up being “no” but not for the reasons I thought. Aside from worrying I wouldn’t be able to reconnect with them, I also wondered if something about my writing would have changed between Frat Boy and Toppy and Good Boy that made it difficult to portray them. As it turns out, something did change, but it was the characters themselves. They grew as a result of their relationship (and probably other stuff, but as a romance writer, by definition I don’t care about that other life stuff, just the lurvin’). In the end, I did reconnect with them, but it was more like reconnecting with friends I hadn’t seen in a while and finding out what changes had happened in their lives than it was to taking stuffed animals out of storage. Once I gave up trying to make them be the same guys they had been, and instead let them be the guys they are now, everything flowed with Good Boy. Most importantly, I like where Sebastian and Brad ended up, I love their new Happily Ever After, and I can’t help feeling the tiniest bit responsible for helping these guys find each other.
I know, I know—us crazy authors who think our characters are real people. I can imagine you shaking your head in amused indulgence. But really, it happens that way, I swear!
Happy reading. :-)
13484085
* * *
Happily Ever After is just a frat boy away.

Brad “Frat Boy” Feller and Sebastian “Toppy” DeWitt have been together for nine months, and their relationship is as hot as ever. The only cloud Brad sees on their horizon is Sebastian’s stress over his thesis. And their uncertain future together after graduation. And how Sebastian sometimes takes Brad for granted. And Sebastian’s unwillingness to introduce Brad to his father.
Other than that, everything’s awesome.
All of Sebastian’s energy is currently devoted to his thesis, and getting into a top-notch PhD program. Fortunately, his boyfriend takes care of all the domestic stuff and Sebastian’s needs. Any minor strain between them will disappear and they’ll return to the status quo after Sebastian graduates. As long as nothing upsets their delicate balance in the meantime.
Then a friend Brad once had a small fling with is forced to take refuge with them, and Frat Boy and Toppy’s delicate balance topples like an elephant on a waterski. Now Sebastian has to face some truths about how he’s been treating Brad, what he wants for their future, and what he has to do to get it.
* * *
                 
Raised on a steady media diet of Monty Python, classical music and the visual arts, Anne Tenino rocked the mental health world when she was the first patient diagnosed with Compulsive Romantic Disorder. Since that day, Anne has taken on conquering the M/M world through therapeutic writing. Finding out who those guys having sex in her head are and what to do with them has been extremely liberating.

Wondering what Anne does in her spare time? Mostly she lies on the couch, eats bonbons and shirks housework.

Check out what Anne’s up to now by visiting her site, following her on Twitter, or seeing what she’s up to on Facebook.

 18308701


Book Description:

Brad “Frat Boy” Feller and Sebastian “Toppy” DeWitt have been together for nine months, and their relationship is as hot as ever. The only cloud Brad sees on their horizon is Sebastian’s stress over his thesis. And their uncertain future together after graduation. And how Sebastian sometimes takes Brad for granted. And Sebastian’s unwillingness to introduce Brad to his father.

Other than that, everything’s awesome.

All of Sebastian’s energy is currently devoted to his thesis, and getting into a top-notch PhD program. Fortunately, his boyfriend takes care of all the domestic stuff and Sebastian’s needs. Any minor strain between them will disappear and they’ll return to the status quo after Sebastian graduates. As long as nothing upsets their delicate balance in the meantime.

Then a friend Brad once had a small fling with is forced to take refuge with them, and Frat Boy and Toppy’s delicate balance topples like an elephant on a waterski. Now Sebastian has to face some truths about how he’s been treating Brad, what he wants for their future, and what he has to do to get it.

Nanee's Review:

Another great one by Anne Tenino. All her books are sexy and sweet and this one is one of the tops in sweet. Love Sebastian and Brad together. They were together in the  Frat Boy and the Toppy book where their relationship just started but in this book they are almost domesticated. Their sex is hot as hell and Brad loves Sebastian being dominating in bed. Their relationship in the beginning some would say was on the rocks , they both have insecurities when in comes to their love for each other and the future. I absolutely loved the part where Sebastian knows he's been neglecting Brad and shutting him out and he realizes he can't loose Brad,  so he lays it all out there. Their "talk"  made me happy that they are talking but emotional at the same time because of their feelings of the unknown. As the book continues it gives insights of Brad and Sebastian's home life and where they both want to be in the future... preferably together of course. Loved this book because you can't help but root for this couple and love the way they love each other, Love Brad's Shy moments and Sebastian nervousness . You Will Love all these Theta Alpha Gamma Books especially this one. Love their HEA.....5 huge stars...or 5 sexy Frat Boys

Thank You Riptide Publishing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment