Welcome to the Riptide Publishing/L. A. Witt blog tour After the Fall, part of the Tucker Springs series!
Every comment on this blog tour enters you in a drawing for a choice of two eBooks off my backlist (excluding After the Fall) and a $10 Riptide Publishing store credit. Entries close at midnight, Eastern time, on October 13th, and winners will be announced on October 14th. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries.
Note: It should come as no surprise that I am once again traveling during a blog tour, this time to California so that Cat Grant and I can go see 30 Seconds to Mars. Twice. I will still make every effort to post responses as often as possible, but I can’t promise they’ll be terribly coherent on the concert days (October 11th and 12th) because…30 Seconds to Mars. But I will definitely stop in as often—and as coherently—as I can!
Fact or Crap: After the Fall
Eight of the following facts are true. Two of them are crap. Leave a comment with the two facts you think are crap. From those who submit at least one correct answer, I will draw a name to win a copy of any eBook title off my backlist. Anyone who gets both correct wins two eBook titles off my backlist. (All commenters, correct or not, will be entered in the drawing for the Riptide store credit)
1. While writing the horse scenes in After the Fall, I realized I’d been itching to ride for far too long, and shortly before finishing the book, started leasing an Appendix Quarter Horse named Jesse.
2. Nathan has appeared in Where Nerves End, Never A Hero, and Covet Thy Neighbor.
3. During Never A Hero, Marie Sexton ended up developing a lot of Nathan’s character while writing conversations between him and Owen, who also appears in After the Fall.
4. In 2014, there will be a fourth Tucker Springs author.
5. Ryan, the love interest of After the Fall, is loosely based on a guy I knew in high school.
6. After the Fall introduces Nathan’s roommate, Brad, who’s story is the upcoming It’s Complicated.
7. A lot of the horse scenes were influenced heavily by my own experience with horses, which included showing Morgan horses in the late 1990s.
8. Horses are a recurring theme in a few of my books, including Out of Focus and All The King’s Horses (written as Lauren Gallagher).
9. Much like Jason’s shoulder injury in Where Nerves End, Nathan’s broken leg and broken hand in After the Fall are based on my own past injuries.
10. If you’re at GayRomLit in Atlanta this year, you may just get a chance to hear a snippet from the upcoming Tucker Springs book, It’s Complicated.
So which two “facts” are crap? Guess below and win!
~ L.A. Witt is an abnormal M/M romance writer currently living in the glamorous and ultra-futuristic metropolis of Omaha, Nebraska, with her husband, two cats, and a disembodied penguin brain that communicates with her telepathically. In addition to writing smut and disturbing the locals, L.A. is said to be working with the US government to perfect a genetic modification that will allow humans to survive indefinitely on Corn Pops and beef jerky. This is all a cover, though, as her primary leisure activity is hunting down her arch nemesis, erotica author Lauren Gallagher, who is also said to be lurking somewhere in Omaha.
L. A.’s backlist is available on her website, and updates (as well as random thoughts and the odd snarky comment) can be found on her blog or on Twitter (@GallagherWitt).
After years of saving every penny, Nathan has finally managed to buy the horse of his dreams. He’s looking forward to a summer of exploring the Colorado mountain trails above Tucker Springs with Tsarina. But on their very first ride, a motorcyclist makes a wrong turn, scaring Tsarina into bolting and leaving Nathan with a broken leg, a broken hand, and a ruined summer.
Ryan is a loner and a nomad, content with working odd jobs before moving on to the next town. Feeling guilty for causing the accident that leaves Nathan in two casts, Ryan offers to keep Tsarina exercised until Nathan heals.
Despite their bad start, Nathan and Ryan soon become friends . . . and then much more. But with a couple of nasty breakups in his past, Nathan doesn’t want feelings getting involved—especially knowing that Ryan will never settle down. But since when do feelings ever listen to reason?
After the Fall is available October 7th from Riptide Publishing, and is part of the Tucker Springs series.
I've read a few books by L.A. Witt but this one is my favorite so far. Loved the characters and secondary characters that appeared in other books like Michael and Owen. Nathan is a very strong willed, independent (never asks for help), single (cuz he doesn't want to get hurt again) sexy sweet guy. Ryan is a move around a lot, loner (who never found a place to call home) sexy as hell, leather and tattoo wearing sweet but shy guy. I loved their first encounter but the one's after that were really special. It started out as a thank you dinner to a my place or yours night. Very hot, sweet and revealing secrets first night together. Very sweet, romantic and sexy read. Great book. Can't wait to read more by this author, I want to know what happens later with these two characters and many more. 5 stars
Thank You Riptide Publishing!